After 1868 • A New beginning

Paris low shot from back watermark

After the war, local residents moved back into the church. 

By 1868, proposals to move the church to a better location were underway. In late summer, the church was taken down piece by piece …moved…and rebuilt at it’s present location less than a mile away but on higher ground.

As part of the move, 10 feet were added to the church’s length and a cupola was built to house the bell. 

Total cost of the move was $850 dollars.  

Crowd leaving
Paris out back door WM

Camp Dennison Methodist in the 1950s

© CDUMC 2012-2018