The Beginning

Worshipers first met was in the cabin of local resident Henry Stroman in 1806.
There were no pews, no choir and no organ. Services rotated between homes in the community and the school for the next 40 years.

In 1845, a permanent church was proposed. It was located on the east side of Glendale Milford Road, just below the Camp Dennison cemetery.

Local resident, Mathias Kugler, donated the land, contributed nearly half of the cost and supervised the construction.  The simple building was constructed for $1000.

Paris outside ms left copy

Camp Dennison Methodist in The 1950s

church at night

The present Camp Dennison United Methodist Church building has been in two different locations in the community for over 145 years. 

© CDUMC 2012-2015